AWS Data Engineer (Vacancy filled)
£40,000 to £70,000pa
This role sits within the data & technology arm of our business, specifically within the Digital team. We have developed our own Marketing Solution which is licensed, developed and supported across a number of major Blue Chip Organisations to manage their media assets and email campaigns.
We also deliver large scale back end database solutions & implements multi-channel campaign management applications such as Adobe Campaign, IBM Campaign and Exact Target which are generally hosted and managed by a team of Service Delivery, Campaign Management and email experts. We provide web services around these solutions, integration to web sites, back office systems and deliver anything from simple email templates to more complex website & digital applications as well as stand-alone tactical digital communication programs in support of our Creative & Media Agency.
- The development and maintenance of CRM database, Data Lake solutions in AWS infrastructure and of ELT / ETL processes to automate data feeds to the solution in batch and real-time.
- System integration of multiple products to build multi channel communications solutions to meet client requirements (for example SalesForce Marketing Cloud and Alteryx)
- General development and support programming involving investigation of code and data issues.
- Attending client meetings if required to discuss and demonstrate solutions at both a technical and business level
- Providing training to internal & external personnel
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Writing technical specifications for a project as required
• Liaising with the client and other departments to facilitate the implementation of the project
• Development experience with cloud (AWS, Azure) technologies
• Python / Pyspark
• Redshift & Redshift Spectrum
• Step Functions
• Lambda Functions
• No SQL / Non-Relational DB
• Big data experience, ETL / ELT and Data Engineering experience
• Previous experience of leading projects. Focusing on technical coordination and allocation of work, planning & controlling work on the project day to day
• Experience of writing of all levels of specification for a project: from a requirements specification to a program/technical specification
• Strong interpersonal skills, client facing communication skills, proactively taking responsibility for delivery and expectations management of clients, stakeholders and senior team members
• Flexible, adaptable, positive “can do” approach, self-disciplined
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
LASTLY, BUT IMPORTANTLY…
What we need from you: Jump in. Find problems. Fix them. Build relationships. Imagine new solutions. Invent them. Do whatever it takes to go above and beyond. And stand up for individuality.