Business Development Manager
£40,000 to £45,000pa
The role will require an experienced sales-driven manager to source new leads and convert them to clients to generate revenue.
The client base will be centred around the logistics industry, therefore any working knowledge of the industry with a proven sales background is preferred to develop opportunities with key contacts within each target market and attend client meetings.
This is a pivotal role within the business, which requires a tenacious sales managers to generate new business.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Proactively source and engage new clients across the UK
• Identify client needs
• Produce proposals and quotes
• Manage the new account process until handover
• Prospect and respond to inbound inquiries
• Update and maintain client records on Salesforce
• Attend client meetings
• Attend exhibitions and networking events
• Exceed set targets and KPIs
• Keep up to date with industry news & competitors
The Person Specification
• An experienced Business Development Manager
• A strong communicator, able to objection handle, negotiate and close decision
• Customer focused with a proven track record of target achievement in a recent role
• Well presented with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Works collaboratively in a team
• Able to prioritise workload and work well under pressure
• Excellent communication skills
• Flexible approach to work responding to the needs of the business
• Committed to winning new business and exceeding targets and KPIs
Basic Salary: £40K to 45K plus 10% commission based on a ramp-up target of £120K in the first year
Please note, due to the volume of responses we receive, if you do not hear from us within 14 days, then on this occasion your CV was unsuccessful.
Not the right role for you? If you know someone who is, why not recommend them to us!
Receive £250 worth of vouchers upon a successful placement on a permanent basis.