IS & IT Manager
£55,000 to £60,000pa
Reporting to the HoIT the role will focus on the delivery of complex multi-disciplinary projects within agreed time and budget constraints. To work with users and Head office directorates as well as internal clients and external suppliers, to determine and manage effective solutions to facilitate the delivery of IT Service Delivery projects.
MISSIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
Implementation of Asset Management / Finance System:
- Estimating timelines, measuring risk and devising mitigation strategies for identified
- Responsibility for IS across the business.
- Leading multidisciplinary projects within IT Service Delivery.
- Drawing up project plans that will support the delivery of the various IT/IS projects
- Maintaining project plans in MS Project; updating and tracking progress against the
baseline and manage the timely delivery of the projects.
- Undertaking project closure as per the IT project management approach.
- Directing and motivating the project teams as appropriate.
- Liaising with all involved departments to ensure the successful delivery of the
- Managing expectations for the delivery of the project and escalating issues on
deadlines as early as possible to senior management to enable appropriate corrective
action to be taken.
- Organising communication around the project: system presentation to end users,
project update to stakeholders.
- Maintaining issue registers and follow-up on them with the system suppliers
- Suggesting and overviewing the implementation of system improvements
- Keeping abreast of new and emerging technologies, and other developments in the
current area of work.
- Release Management within IT; understanding dependencies between different
releases and liaising with other project managers to facilitate resolution where
- Facilitating the management of the portfolio of IT projects. This includes identifying
dependencies between projects, particularly in respect of resources, and the
reporting of programme level issues and risks. Working with the Project Office
Manager to facilitate process improvements to Project Management.
- Where necessary, liaising with third party suppliers to ensure successful delivery of
- At least 2 years’ experience in project management
- Experience in implantation of either Finance or ERP systems
- Experience with developing IS
- Experience in the transportation / maintenance industry would be an asset
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication capabilities