Firstly, non compliance with GDPR equals heavy fines of up to 4% of annual turnover. Secondly, this can be remedied by some sensible steps.
So, what is GDPR?
GDPR stands for the ‘General Data Protection Regulation’ which comes into full force on May 25th 2018. The EU General Data Protection Regulation will replace the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC.
Does Brexit mean that the UK will not have to comply with GDPR?
In short, no. The UK will still be a member of the EU on May 25th 2018. Furthermore, EU law is being adopted as UK law post Brexit. True, the position of companies operating in the UK only will be unclear post Brexit. But those whose activities are not limited to the UK need to ensure that they are compliant in the meantime.
How can a recruitment agency help with GDPR?
While Amdas is a recruitment agency, we are still subject to the changes that will arise from GDPR. That is why Amdas has taken a proactive approach to our data protection. Furthermore, in identifying the key areas to address in our own business, we have developed relationships with GDPR experts, are versed in what GDPR projects look like and are well placed in implementing GDPR compliance frameworks in the UK
Our Finance and Compliance specialists are now GDPR certified and can assist you with your GDPR project.
GDPR Gap Analysis and Audit
- Our GDPR certified specialist can arrange for one of our experts to come into your business and assess the level of compliance with regulation through a series of questionnaires and interviews using a points system to assess compliance.
- They will then identify the areas to prioritise to ensure to ensure forward steps so that your organisation is fully compliant with GDPR.
- Guide you, step by step, to roll out the GDPR project and see it through to completion
Labour resources to facilitate GDPR projects
Amdas can recruit the following roles for your GDPR project:
- Project Managers
- Project Coordinators
- Project Administrators
- Data Protections Officers
- Virtual Data Protection Officers
- Data Protection Processors
GDPR operational implementation
If you have already undertaken a Gap Analysis and Audit then well done! You are well on your way to compliance.
Why not let us help you build your GDPR team?